[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A2420, yet?

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (02/05/91)

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:

[ complete article of previous poster... Scott, you don't *have* to include
everything.  :-) ]

>Yes, there is!  If you purchase the A2410 Hi-res graphics board which
[...]
>These board will be available from Commodore in the near future.

What about the A2420?  The hi-res monochrome graphics board/monitor.
I've heard ugly rumors that the 2420 hardware was a failure and the
project was cancelled.  I don't need color, and I don't want to pay
for color.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (02/05/91)

In article <jwright.665727776@quonset> jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) writes:
>
>[ complete article of previous poster... Scott, you don't *have* to include
>everything.  :-) ]
>
>>Yes, there is!  If you purchase the A2410 Hi-res graphics board which
>[...]
>>These board will be available from Commodore in the near future.
>
>What about the A2420?  The hi-res monochrome graphics board/monitor.
>I've heard ugly rumors that the 2420 hardware was a failure and the
>project was cancelled.  I don't need color, and I don't want to pay
>for color.
>
>--
>Jim Wright
>jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu
>Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Corp.

I think your information is incorrect.  The device you are talking about
is the A2024 is as far as I know, is NOT cancelled but may be limited in
availiblity.  Moniterm also makes a similar product based on the same
technology.

Regards,
Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"