[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Composite input to a Multisync

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (02/06/91)

Seeing as how a Multisync Monitor can drop back to 15Khz, is it possible
to make up a cable so that you can plug it into a VCR, just like with
the 1084 ?

matt crowd.

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb6.045028.20303@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:

>Seeing as how a Multisync Monitor can drop back to 15Khz, is it possible
>to make up a cable so that you can plug it into a VCR, just like with
>the 1084 ?
>
>matt crowd.

Yes you can but you won't get color, just b/w.  I have made one for my
multisync and it works fine for previewing DigiView stuff etc.. You would need
some kind of decoder to split a composite signal into Red, Blue and Green data
in order to get color.  Basically just run composite into analog red-blue-green together and also to sync of the monitor.  My video is a little noisy due to
not using shielded cables. ;-(  Godd luck!

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolfe) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb6.045028.20303@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:

>Seeing as how a Multisync Monitor can drop back to 15Khz, is it possible
>to make up a cable so that you can plug it into a VCR, just like with
>the 1084 ?

I don't know about a cable, but the A2300 genlock (or even 1300) will do
this for you

--
Colin DeWolfe
dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb6.140236.17417@ns.network.com> guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
>In article <1991Feb6.045028.20303@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>>
>>Seeing as how a Multisync Monitor can drop back to 15Khz, is it possible
>>to make up a cable so that you can plug it into a VCR, just like with
>>the 1084 ?
>>
>>matt crowd.
>
>Yes you can but you won't get color, just b/w.  I have made one for my
>multisync and it works fine for previewing DigiView stuff etc.. You would need
>some kind of decoder to split a composite signal into Red, Blue and Green data
>in order to get color.  Basically just run composite into analog red-blue-green together and also to sync of the monitor.  My video is a little noisy due to
>not using shielded cables. ;-(  Godd luck!

Some monitors (eg. Taxan) have a composite in, so you could buy a
TV tuner and hook it up. Makes a very good TV.