[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] No Educational Discounts?

A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) (02/07/91)

Whom can help:

I post this to the groups that I thought I could get help,
sorry if is a bandwidth waste.

O.K., some friends of mine have been asking about the Educational Discount.
So I called the dealer here, and he told me that the ED finished on
December 31, 1990 and he haven't received notification about a new
discount.  Many of them are studing Computer Enginnering or Electric
Engineering and need it soon, one of them told me that if he does not have
notice about the ED in the next three weeks, he will go with IBM (and with
only one not so good Amiga dealer here and all the university work that we
receive, I don't blame him. )

So, any answer, help, clarification is welcome (especially from Commodore
People).

Thanks for your help,

Angel Asencio//
           \X/ Treasurer - HBAUG

   //  Hard Bytes                University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
 \X/   Amiga User Group          A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.clu.edu
  ******* Did you eat your Apple? Is your machine STuck?  *******
  ***//**  Or your Inferior Broken Machine doesn't work?  ***//**
  *\X/***   @ @         WE HAVE THE CURE           @ @    *\X/***
  *******  \___/   Get an Amiga, it's the best!   \___/   *******

mpierce@ewu.UUCP (Mathew W. Pierce) (02/08/91)

In article <43901@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) writes:
> Whom can help:
>
> I post this to the groups that I thought I could get help,
> sorry if is a bandwidth waste.

 [stuf about concern for dicontinued educational sales deleted.]>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Angel Asencio//
>            \X/ Treasurer - HBAUG

Commodore education sales are still going strong, it's just that Commodore
hasn't asked all dealers to continue seling educational packages. ( Or at
least that's what I have sold ).  From what I hear, Commodore is setting up
certain dealers to be regional education dealers, so your dealer may not be
in on the deal.  My guess is that the dealer to whom you spoke either wasn't
asked to continue ( or contracted to continue ) selling educational stuff,and
either (a) thinks that educational sales are off, or (b) knows educational
sales won't be made through him, and wants you to buy from him anyway.  My
advice is to contact Commodore and get a phone number and address of an
authorized educational dealer, then look him/her up.

Hope this helps,

Mathew Pierce