[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 50Hz

In article <20424@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>Don't want to freak you guys out or anything, but 220-240V is usually run
>at 50 Hz, because 60 Hz is the ideal frequency for causing
>ventricular fibrillation, when someone gets electricuted, while 50 Hz
>is on the rapid down slope to not-so-bad-after-all. In other words, we
>occasionally get to see a slow beat moving its way down the screen from
>a great distance, which is not normally noticable. And we do get the other
>1/4 of the screen to use!

	Folklore.

	Yes, you get an extra 1/4 screen - but do you dare use interlace? ;-)

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

The Binary Warlock (02/11/91)

In <18696@cbmvax.commodore.com> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:

>	Yes, you get an extra 1/4 screen - but do you dare use interlace? ;-)
		Yup.
>--
>Randell Jesup, Keeper of AmigaDos, Commodore Engineering.
>{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
>The compiler runs
>Like a swift-flowing river
>I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)
--
Khaos the Binary Warlock, signing off

"I love my Amiga" -Anon
"Ah, ~ sweet ~" -Anon
"Saddam Hussein - he's worse than a Hitler, worse than a Stalin,
worse than waking up wearing a wedding ring next to a Roseanne Barr
who's grown a moustache. He invaded Iran. He invaded Kuwait. He
even invaded parts of his own country, that's how crazy Saddam
Hussein is. He's got chemical weapons filled with...with...
chemicals. He's got the Bomb. We're all going to die. Details
on the News at Ten." -P.J. O'Rourke in Punch.