[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] ATONCE -GVP 030

rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) (02/07/91)

I wanted to purchase the Atonce (IBM emmulator) and have heard that GVP is
(was) testing it on an A2000 with a 68030. Anyone have one with the bracket
running under the GVP? I am inquisitive on if it is done or even if it is
available (probably not since I have a standing order for one). Will contact
GVP engineering Dept today , and post any news I may find, but would
appreciate any feedback from atonce owners.

Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
                              Dead 8 bit compter....
-----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
Electronics is a state of being.

tinyguy@cs.mcgill.ca (Yeo-Hoon BAE) (02/09/91)

In article <rshaw.0297@theborg.mlb.fl.us> rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
>I wanted to purchase the Atonce (IBM emmulator) and have heard that GVP is
>(was) testing it on an A2000 with a 68030. Anyone have one with the bracket
>running under the GVP? I am inquisitive on if it is done or even if it is
>available (probably not since I have a standing order for one). Will contact
>GVP engineering Dept today , and post any news I may find, but would
>appreciate any feedback from atonce owners.
>
>Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a

Actually, does it work on A2000 series at all???
The ad only mentions that A500 works as it is, A2000 can/must use a
adapter board to CPU slot. If it works for A500 in the CPU socket,
it should also work on A2000's 68000 socket....(No?)

-TG

+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------+
| Yeo-Hoon Bae      tinyguy@homer.cs.mcgill.ca              | Amiga   /// |
| Dept. Computer Science, McGill University, Canada         |  2000  ///  |
|-----------------------------------------------------------|    \\\///   |
| Amiga2000 + 5MB + 104MB HD + KX-P1124 + Mit. DiamondScan  |     \XX/    |
+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------+

watters@pentagon.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb9.073714.3195@cs.mcgill.ca> tinyguy@cs.mcgill.ca (Yeo-Hoon BAE) writes:
>In article <rshaw.0297@theborg.mlb.fl.us> rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
>Actually, does it work on A2000 series at all???
>The ad only mentions that A500 works as it is, A2000 can/must use a
>adapter board to CPU slot. If it works for A500 in the CPU socket,
>it should also work on A2000's 68000 socket....(No?)

First, since the unit does funky things with the 68000, to use this on a
2500 I imagine you would have to cripple you machine with a 68000 bootup....
No Thanks!

Second, by the physical shape of the Atonce and the location of the 68000 in
a 2000 series machine, it appears that the little board would run into the
coproccessor slot, which now days isn't empty in too many machines so the
adapter board idea isn't too brilliant either.  Too bad.

David

-=-
"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars.
 All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars!" - RUSH
David watters@cis.ohio-state.edu  "It's 12:35... and Michigan STILL sucks."
_-_-_-__---_---_---__-_-_-____ TurboExpress : The Neo*Geo of portables _____