[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] CBM de-interlacer

rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) (02/07/91)

I previously saw a message indicating that the CBM interlace board for  the
2000 had some type of problems, but can not find the message. Since I am in
the process of looking for one and have decided against the flicker fixer
which is a proven product (very good) but does not do pal, I would appreciate
any feedback on the problem and if CBM has solved it.

Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
                              Dead 8 bit compter....
-----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
Electronics is a state of being.

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (02/09/91)

In article <rshaw.0293@theborg.mlb.fl.us>, rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
> I previously saw a message indicating that the CBM interlace board for  the
> 2000 had some type of problems, but can not find the message. Since I am in
> the process of looking for one and have decided against the flicker fixer
> which is a proven product (very good) but does not do pal, I would appreciate
> any feedback on the problem and if CBM has solved it.
>
> Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
>                               Dead 8 bit compter....
> -----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
> Electronics is a state of being.

What I am keen to know is: Does the 777/888 bug affect the 3000?

Regards Alan

In article <20557@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>What I am keen to know is: Does the 777/888 bug affect the 3000?

	I've only checked one machine, but it doesn't have the problem.
It's easy enough to check.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (02/11/91)

In article <20557@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>In article <rshaw.0293@theborg.mlb.fl.us>, rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
>> I previously saw a message indicating that the CBM interlace board for  the
>> 2000 had some type of problems, but can not find the message. Since I am in
>> the process of looking for one and have decided against the flicker fixer
>> which is a proven product (very good) but does not do pal, I would appreciate
>> any feedback on the problem and if CBM has solved it.
>>
>> Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
>>                               Dead 8 bit compter....
>> -----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
>> Electronics is a state of being.
>

>What I am keen to know is: Does the 777/888 bug affect the 3000?
>
>Regards Alan

NO, the this problem exists only on the A2320 units.  We are
looking into it.

Regards,
Scott Hood

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"

rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) (02/12/91)

I origionally posted that msg about CBM's De-lacer. Thanks for the feedback &
the info