[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Adding memory to a A2620

dave@pluto.dss.com (Dave Monachello) (02/09/91)

Hi,
  I was going to add 2 meg of memory to a A2620 board, but I don't
know if there are any jumpers on the board or on the Amiga motherboard
that must be changed. Does anyone know how to do this?

	thanks,
		dave

In article <4183@pluto.dss.com> dave@pluto.dss.com (Dave Monachello) writes:

>  I was going to add 2 meg of memory to a A2620 board, but I don't
>know if there are any jumpers on the board or on the Amiga motherboard
>that must be changed. Does anyone know how to do this?

You need to add a shunt on "J301" of the A2620 to tell it there are 4MB on
board.  On the A2630, you remove the already-existing shunt on J301 when you
have 4MB in the system.  This is necessary to notify the autoconfig logic
that a 4MB slot size will be needed.

	"What works for me might work for you"	-Jimmy Buffett