[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 16x4 RAM chips

In article <21022@know.pws.bull.com> pmiller@vttcf.cc.vt.edu (Paul Miller) writes:
>It was recently asked of me if it were possible that the new 16x1 and 16x4
>(as in 16M) chips might work in the A3000. Dave?

Well, 16MB chips will be either 16M x 1 or 4M x 4.  In either case, they are
not pin compatible with the (256K|1M) x 4 part used on the A3000 motherboard.
You would, at the least, need some kind of conversion PCB, which would more
likely than not get in the way of the Coprocessor slot.  And such a plug in
would not be cost effective.  There's no way in the current system to address
more than 16MB on the motherboard, the way the RAMSEY chip is currently
designed.
	"What works for me might work for you"	-Jimmy Buffett