[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Lucas & Frances Compatiblity

hamilton@intersil.uucp (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb10.192030.2483@csn.org>, zajerkom@tramp.Colorado.EDU (ZAJERKOMCKEE NICK) writes:
> Hello netpeople, I have an old A1000 which I am finally planning to
> upgrade and was wonderring if anyone out there has had any problems
> with the Lucas/Frances boards running with the old Cltd. hard drive
> controller?

My original CLTD controller worked GREAT with my LUCAS/FRANCES, in fact
it ran faster.  I could never get the KRONOS CLTD controller to work with
L/F, though, so I'd make sure you have the original and not the Kronos.

> Also, would there be any forseeable problems using the
> Amazing Computing's PD hack for the serail/parallel ports with such
> a configuration?

Dunno.
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.