[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Info on Trumpcard 500 wanted...

kkrueger@zeus.unomaha.edu (02/17/91)

In article <SEAMUS.91Feb10001407@bucsf.bu.edu>, seamus@bucsf.bu.edu (Jeff Rizzo) writes:
> I have an opportunity to purchase a Trumpcard 500 with a 46 Meg drive,
> but I don't really know anything about the Trumpcard.  If anyone out there
> in net.land has any info, such as expansion possibilities, power consumption,
> and overall impressions.

   I own a TrumpCard 500, and I am quite pleased with it.  I hear people
complain quite a bit about their HD interfaces, but I have had none of the
problems.  I know someone who bought a Supra, and he says that he can't boot
from a non-DOS disk, for example.  Here is some information from the manual:

Transfer rate (68000): 440KB/sec
Power: +5v @ 3A (MAX)
       +12v @ 1.5A (PEAK, 500ma quiescent)
SCSI interface connectors: 50-pin internal, 26-pin external

   On the inside of the case there is a Zorro II slot, so you can plug small
A2000 cards into it.  Primarily, this is used for IVS's outrageously priced
memory expansion.  The TrumpCard has good software, too, so that makes it
quite easy to set up.

--
Kurt Krueger | BITNET:   kkrueger@unoma1           |        //\
MBA student  | Internet: kkrueger@zeus.unomaha.edu |      \X/--\ M I G A

rhhageme@eos.ncsu.edu (RICHARD HERM HAGEMEYER) (02/18/91)

I too have a Trumpcard 500 and am quite pleased with it's results.  I am
running it with a SyQuest 555 and have had no problems with it.

Along those same lines....I know that you can add 2 megs of memory to
the Trumpcard 500, but do you have to buy a board to put in it, or is
there space to put the chips inside?

-Richard
Richard Hagemeyer               		INTERNET: rhhageme@eos.ncsu.edu
North Carolina State University

All thoughts here and above are to be considered my own; Heck, no one
else wants them!