[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Extra-HalfBright

ben@epmooch.UUCP (Rev. Ben A. Mesander) (02/20/91)

>In article <1991Feb20.192139.6465@inel.gov> hps@INEL.GOV (Randall M. Heaps) writes:
>I have a pre-EHB A1000... is there anything relatively simple that can
>be done to add Extra-HalfBright capabilities?  Any info would be greatly
>appreciated.  Thanks, Randy Heaps (hps@inel.gov)

Yes, it is a simple matter of switching a single IC. I called a company
called "The Grapvine Group", and they charged me about $70.00 for the
single IC. Talk about getting ripped off. I must have had a temporary
lapse of sanity. It is a custom Amiga IC, and thus harder to find than
most chips.

--
ben@epmooch.UUCP            ben%servalan.UUCP@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
{chinet,uokmax}!servalan!epmooch!ben  (Ben Mesander)   War in gulf:

hps@INEL.GOV (Randall M. Heaps) (02/21/91)

I have a pre-EHB A1000... is there anything relatively simple that can
be done to add Extra-HalfBright capabilities?  Any info would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks, Randy Heaps (hps@inel.gov)

========== long legal disclaimer follows, press n to skip ===========

Neither the United States Government or the Idaho National Engineering
Laboratory or any of their employees, makes any warranty, whatsoever,
implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility regarding any
information, disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe
privately owned rights.  No specific reference constitutes or implies
endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States
Government or the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory.  The views and
opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the
United States Government or the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory,
and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.

raible@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Raible - LSI Design) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb20.192139.6465@inel.gov> hps@INEL.GOV (Randall M. Heaps) writes:
>I have a pre-EHB A1000... is there anything relatively simple that can
>be done to add Extra-HalfBright capabilities?  Any info would be greatly
>appreciated.  Thanks, Randy Heaps (hps@inel.gov)

From your dealer you need to obtain an updated version of the Denise
chip,8362 rev. 6 or 8. The initial production run of the A1000 used an
earlier rev(R4 I believe). EHB is the only functional difference between
the revs.