[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Installation of 2nd harddrive on A3000

gt1619a@prism.gatech.EDU (Net Runner Mark V) (02/21/91)

I seem to be having some problem installing a second SCSI drive in my A3000. I
have a Miniscribe 44 Meg SCSI internal that I've tried to hook up to my A3000
to no avail. It powers up fine and so on, but HDToolbox won't recognize it, and
there is no sign that the machine even knows that it is there. Any ideas?

James D. McIninch
School of Applied Biology
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 31619
Atlanta, Georgia 30332
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gt1619a
Internet: gt1619a@prism.gatech.edu
*   The goal: to design CAD/CAM software and hardware for the creation   *
*             of living things...                                        *

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (02/28/91)

In article <22482@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt1619a@prism.gatech.EDU (Net Runner Mark V) writes:
>I seem to be having some problem installing a second SCSI drive in my A3000. I
>have a Miniscribe 44 Meg SCSI internal that I've tried to hook up to my A3000
>to no avail. It powers up fine and so on, but HDToolbox won't recognize it, and
>there is no sign that the machine even knows that it is there. Any ideas?

Did you (carefully) move your resistor pack from the first drive to the second
drive?

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
I loved the peace and solitude | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and