[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How to connect a removable harddisk to the A590 ??

emwessel@cs.ruu.nl (Eric van Wessel) (02/27/91)

Hello there,

I need some info about connecting a SCSI removable hard disk to
the A590 controller.
The internal hard disk is partitioned as DH0: and DH1:.
What I want to do is connect a removable hard disk to the
external SCSI connector and call this DH2:. The problem is
that I don't know how to add a hard disk with HDToolBox. It only
recognizes the internal disk.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

Thanks, Eric  (emwessel@praxis.cs.ruu.nl)

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/01/91)

emwessel@cs.ruu.nl writes:

>I need some info about connecting a SCSI removable hard disk to
>the A590 controller.

With the external drive hooked to the 590 run HD Toolbox. The drive should be
recognized and added to the list of drives if it is set up properly. Don't
forget that it has to be set up as 'unit 1' since the 590 drive is 'unit 0'.
Also make sure the terminating resistor is removed from the 590 drive.

Now if there is no entry for the removable, try the 'add new device' feature.
(I'm working from memory here) and read the configuration from the removable.
Save the configuration and away you go.

But then again, I may be totally out to lunch on this :)

| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |