[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] AT Bridgeboard and a 2nd Floppy?

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (02/27/91)

How would someone add a second floppy to the AT Bridgeboard?  What about adding
an internal Amiga 3.5" as a B: drive?  Since there is not an external connector
on the AT Bridgeboard there must be another way?  I'd like to be able to read
3.5" floppys too (I know an Amiga drive can only do 720k).  I know of a couple
of people that are very interested in this... Anyone?

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/01/91)

guy@ns.network.com writes:

>How would someone add a second floppy to the AT Bridgeboard?  What about
>adding
>an internal Amiga 3.5" as a B: drive?  Since there is not an external
>connector

You can add a second floppy internally with no trouble so long as you have a
drive bay available. A 1.44 drive just plugs in the same way you would on a
regular AT.

I was a bit miffed that there was no external floppy connecter on the AT card
until I found out what it would cost to buy an external high density drive!

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (03/01/91)

In article <patrick_meloy.0487@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca> patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) writes:
>guy@ns.network.com writes:
>
>>How would someone add a second floppy to the AT Bridgeboard?  What about
>>adding
>>an internal Amiga 3.5" as a B: drive?  Since there is not an external
>>connector
>
>You can add a second floppy internally with no trouble so long as you have a
>drive bay available. A 1.44 drive just plugs in the same way you would on a
>regular AT.
>
>I was a bit miffed that there was no external floppy connecter on the AT card
>until I found out what it would cost to buy an external high density drive!

>| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
>| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |

Well, I don't need 1.44... just my external drive to run on an AT Bridgeboard!
I'd like to create a cable to do this and then run it out the back so I can
use my external Amiga drive like I did with my XT Bridgeboard. Anyone?