[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Hardware FAQL?)

m0154@tnc.UUCP (GUY GARNETT) (02/28/91)

Perhaps we should start a "Frequently Asked Questions List" here on
comp.sys.amiga.hardware ... I have noticed that questions about mice,
trackballs, monitors, and so on seem to come up about every month or
so.  What do y'all think?

Wildstar

ferry@chorus.fr (Ferry de Jong) (03/01/91)

In article <740@tnc.UUCP>, m0154@tnc.UUCP (GUY GARNETT) writes:

>Perhaps we should start a "Frequently Asked Questions List" here on
>comp.sys.amiga.hardware ... I have noticed that questions about mice,
>trackballs, monitors, and so on seem to come up about every month or
>so.  What do y'all think?

There is already a Frequently Asked Questions & Answers posting with a lot
of information about hardware, software and communication posted in
comp.sys.amiga.introduction.

This month I'll cross-post it to c.s.a.hardware and c.s.a.programmer too, so
people that don't read c.s.a.introduction will see it.

If there are people with *detailed* and *checked* information about
trackballs, A1000 memory hacks and common monitor problems I invite them
to send it to me so I can add it to the FAQ&A posting.

--
Ferry de Jong                        switchboard:+33 (1) 30.64.82.00
Chorus systemes                      direct:     +33 (1) 30.64.82.73

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (03/01/91)

In article <740@tnc.UUCP> m0154@tnc.UUCP (GUY GARNETT) writes:

>Perhaps we should start a "Frequently Asked Questions List" here on
>comp.sys.amiga.hardware ... I have noticed that questions about mice,
>trackballs, monitors, and so on seem to come up about every month or
>so.  What do y'all think?

Hey, go for it.  Other things to throw in could be the various 8520 failure
modes (of which there seem to be about 8,520...)

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "Glittering prizes and
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | endless compromises