[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Info on GVP Educational Pricing

milliga@garfield.cs.wisc.edu (Michael Milligan) (02/15/91)

Does anyone on the net have any information regarding Great Valley Products
educational pricing policy?  I've called GVP directly, but they tell me to
call the dealers. . . so I called Safe Harbor and they said they have
not received any information from GVP although they are supposed to receive
something soon. . .

I hope this is not a case of "false advertising" on GVP's part. . . I'd
like to get ahold of the A500 HD series II sometime in the near future, but
if the bundled price isn't lower than what I can put together with the AdIDE
internal SCSI and a hard drive of my choice, I'm gonna pass.

Anybody have any {good, bad} experiences with the A500 HD series II?

#include <standard-disclaimers.h>

milliga@cat2.cs.wisc.edu (Michael Milligan) (03/02/91)

My nearest dealer, Safe Harbor near Milwaukee finally received info from GVP
about their educationlay pricing policy.  I was disappointed at least to find
out that the 'educational' prices were almost all HIGHER than Safe Harbor's
mail order price.  So, if you're interested in buying something via this plan,
you can probably do better mail order.

There was one bundle worth noting, and that is their Impact Series II hard card
with space for 8 1Mbyte SIMMs with a Quantum 105 Meg drive mounted on it.  The
'educational' price is $669 which was as inexpensive or less than any other
controller/hard drive combo's I looked at putting together.

--
"I'm wasted, and I can't shutup!"     |  Michael Milligan, Professional Student
 -- saying on a chars T-shirt from    |   "Nothing I say can or will be used

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (03/03/91)

In article <1991Mar1.205313.16718@daffy.cs.wisc.edu> milliga@cat2.cs.wisc.edu (Michael Milligan) writes:

>There was one bundle worth noting, and that is their Impact Series II hard card
>with space for 8 1Mbyte SIMMs with a Quantum 105 Meg drive mounted on it.  The
>'educational' price is $669 which was as inexpensive or less than any other
>controller/hard drive combo's I looked at putting together.

Computability sells the above setup for $639.  And if you bought the
pieces separately, it would probably be even cheaper, since I've heard
that the Quantum 105 can be had for $360 if you shop around.
And before I get a billion requests for where it can be had for $360,
I don't know offhand.

--
John  M.  Adams   --****--   Professional Student      ///
Internet: jma@reef.cis.ufl.edu       Genie:  vlad     ///  Only the Amiga