[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] ATOnce and Bodega Bay

tm2b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd L. Masco) (03/03/91)

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the exact differences between an A2000
and an A500, besides the obvious.

I have an A500 and am strongly considering buying a a Bodega Bay
expansion when it comes out -- and may an ATOnce in the meantime.

Any speculation as to whether they will work together?  Guesses are
not binding...
--
Todd Masco  | tm2b@andrew.cmu.edu | "Tax the churches.
CMU Physics | tm2b@andrew.BITNet  |  Tax the businesses owned by the churches."

lkoop@pnet01.cts.com (Lamonte Koop) (03/04/91)

tm2b+@andrew.cmu.edu (Todd L. Masco) writes:
>I'm relatively unfamiliar with the exact differences between an A2000
>and an A500, besides the obvious.

Besides the obvious, and the methods of expansion, there really ISN'T a whole
lot of difference between the two.

>I have an A500 and am strongly considering buying a a Bodega Bay
>expansion when it comes out -- and may an ATOnce in the meantime.
>
>Any speculation as to whether they will work together?  Guesses are
>not binding...

This is just speculation, but I would guess that they would.  The Bodega Bay
is simply extending the 500's 86-pin edge connector into a full Zorro-II spec
expansion backplane.  Now, as to whether the ATOnce emulator will work with
what you put in those new slots, that is up to just how strange ATOnce is with
the system.

>Todd Masco  | tm2b@andrew.cmu.edu | "Tax the churches.
>CMU Physics | tm2b@andrew.BITNet  |  Tax the businesses owned by the churches."

                             LaMonte Koop
 Internet: lkoop@pnet01.cts.com         ARPA: crash!pnet01!lkoop@nosc.mil
           UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!lkoop
        "Yes, I am their leader...now tell me where they went!"