[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Multisync and Colorburst

bryanh@amix.commodore.com (Bryan Harpel) (03/02/91)

  I have a question about the colorburst hardware.  Will it be compatible
with a multisync monitor (like the NEC 3D).  The reason that I ask is
because they only advertise it as working with the 1084 series RGB
monitors, and I am not sure it multisync are considered 'RGB'.  Thanx.

                                                           ///  Only
   - Bryan                                                ///   AMIGA
                                                      \\\///    Makes it
                                                       \XX/     Possible....
Bryan Harpel
UUCP: {rugters|uuwest|uunet}!cbmvax!amix!undrground!bryanh
INTERNET: undrground!bryanh@amix.commodore.com
         "You will die by my hand, For it is I who rule the land"

tucker@tahoe.unr.edu (Aaron Tucker) (03/03/91)

In article <qJ55X1w163w@undrground.UUCP> undrground!bryanh@amix.commodore.com (Bryan Harpel) writes:

>  I have a question about the colorburst hardware.  Will it be compatible
>with a multisync monitor (like the NEC 3D).  The reason that I ask is
>because they only advertise it as working with the 1084 series RGB
>monitors, and I am not sure it multisync are considered 'RGB'.  Thanx.

Colorburst emulates pin-2-pin, the RGB port. Anything you can normally hook
up to the Amiga's RGB port, you can hook up to Colorburst.

Juan Trevino
Modern Media

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (03/05/91)

->
-
-Colorburst emulates pin-2-pin, the RGB port. Anything you can normally hook
-up to the Amiga's RGB port, you can hook up to Colorburst.
-
-Juan Trevino
-Modern Media

Does it give a 15.75 KHz frequency only, or 30? Most new colour monitors
with high resolution (1024x768 or 1280x1024) are from 30-64 or 30-75.
How about other cards, like FireCracker and Harlequin?

Tommy Petersson
tope@enea.se