[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Applied Electronics Power Supply

rllai@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Roberto L. Lai) (03/05/91)

I just got an Applied Electronics heavy duty power supply for my
Amiga 500.  Is it true the AE power supply has shielding problems?
There is definately some inteference that wasn't there before, but
I had it repaired some an unrelated problem.  Can somebody
give me some tips on how to get rid of the ripples of lines that dance
across my screen?  It's really annoying.

I've tried wrapping the power cord with aluminum foil, but that doesn't
seem to work...

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (03/05/91)

rllai@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Roberto L. Lai) writes:

>I just got an Applied Electronics heavy duty power supply for my
>Amiga 500.  Is it true the AE power supply has shielding problems?
>There is definately some inteference that wasn't there before, but
>I had it repaired some an unrelated problem.  Can somebody
>give me some tips on how to get rid of the ripples of lines that dance
>across my screen?  It's really annoying.

The first thing to try is moving the power supply as far away from the
display as possible. It could be a magnetic field generated by the power
supply that's causing your problem. Also try plugging the power supply
and monitor into different wall outlets.

One other possibility: is there another monitor or TV nearby? If so, try
moving them apart.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com     or    ...dsd.es.com!javelin!blgardne