[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Quantum 105 Installation

labc-1id@web-1h.berkeley.edu (Joe Chung) (03/05/91)

I just bought a Quantum 105 Prodrive from a MAC mail order place.

I saw an extra funny looking cable, sort of like a mac power cable.  Has
anyone ever tried this?

And what other stuff should I be watching out for?  Any pitfalls?  I assume
that a SCSI is a SCSI and that the data cables should have the same
pin outs right?

Thanks

-jc
--
labc-1id@web.berkeley.edu
No news is good news.

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (03/06/91)

In article <1991Mar4.203155.26490@agate.berkeley.edu> labc-1id@web-1h.berkeley.edu (Joe Chung) writes:
>I just bought a Quantum 105 Prodrive from a MAC mail order place.
>
>I saw an extra funny looking cable, sort of like a mac power cable.  Has
>anyone ever tried this?
>
>And what other stuff should I be watching out for?  Any pitfalls?  I assume
>that a SCSI is a SCSI and that the data cables should have the same
>pin outs right?

I just bought a Mac "Cutting Edge" 105MB Quantum ProDrive yesterday. Didn't
come with any cables, but did come with an very nice manual and a couple of
Mac disks. Hard drive power and data cables are standardized; I wonder what
you got that looks funny?
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "These days, you have to be pretty   |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      technical before you can even       |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      aspire to crudeness."               |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |            - William Gibson              |
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |