[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Need help on using HPDeskjet

tqhoang@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Toan Hoang) (03/02/91)

  I have a little trouble trying to print with the HPDeskjet.  Every time
I chose to print it said printer trouble or cable not connect or something.
But, if I press the reset button, the printer start to print.  But only
print one page.  So, I have to press the reset button for every page it print.

Thanks,
Toan

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (03/04/91)

Toan Hoang <tqhoang@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:

>   I have a little trouble trying to print with the HPDeskjet.  Every time
> I chose to print it said printer trouble or cable not connect or something.
> But, if I press the reset button, the printer start to print.  But only
> print one page.  So, I have to press the reset button for every page it print
>
> Thanks,
> Toan

Are you using the driver for the deskjet, and not the deskjet+ or 500?

rory

hamilton@intersil.uucp (03/07/91)

> Toan Hoang <tqhoang@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> writes:
>

>>   I have a little trouble trying to print with the HPDeskjet.  Every time
>> I chose to print it said printer trouble or cable not connect or something.
>> But, if I press the reset button, the printer start to print.  But only
>> print one page.  So, I have to press the reset button for every page it print

Does pressing the form-feed (FF) button do the same thing?  If you print
less than a page to a DJ, it will just stop and you have to either send it
a form-feed or press the button.  Some software automatically sends the FF,
some doesn't (don't?).
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.