[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] How to remove autobooting from A2090a!

mt87692@lehtori.tut.fi (Mikko Tsokkinen) (03/03/91)

 Hello,

 Could somebody inform me how to disable autobooting from A2090a controller
since I have a lot faster bootup from another controller and use 2090a & st506
drive mostly for temp storage and games and I do not need it allways. I tried
all the combinations of the 3 eproms on the board:

- HI & LOW removed: No autobooting but cannot access the drive (by mounting)
- HI removed:                 ""
- LO removed: Machine does not work (screen stays white/grey)
- A2090 ROM removed: ""

PS. Do I need the hddisk.device (my 2094 reinstall disk does not contain it)

 MIT

--
Bubble Bobble

ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com (Scott Denham) (03/05/91)

In article <MT87692.91Mar3034136@lehtori.tut.fi>, mt87692@lehtori.tut.fi (Mikko Tsokkinen) writes:
>  Could somebody inform me how to disable autobooting from A2090a controller
>
> - HI & LOW removed: No autobooting but cannot access the drive (by mounting)

 This is the right setup. See below for why you can't access drive!

> PS. Do I need the hddisk.device (my 2094 reinstall disk does not contain it)

You guessed it! You need hddisk.device in your DEVS: directory, and of
course the autobooting 2090A's didn't come with it. You can get it from
Plink, though, and probably some of the other commercial networks, or if
nothing else works I've got it.

  Scott Denham
   ssd@sugar.hackercorp.com

>  MIT
>
> --
> Bubble Bobble

Harvey_Taylor@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) (03/07/91)

In <MT87692.91Mar3034136@lehtori.tut.fi>, mt87692@lehtori.tut.fi
                                            (Mikko Tsokkinen) writes:
} Hello,
}
} Could somebody inform me how to disable autobooting from A2090a
}controller since I have a lot faster bootup from another controller
}and use 2090a & st506 drive mostly for temp storage and games and I
}do not need it allways. I tried all the combinations of the 3 eproms
}on the board:
}
} [...]
}
} MIT

    Ummm. Why don't you just lower the BootPri?
    Make it -129 for an unbootable device.
    -het

    "Oh and Father, would you bless the bombs?"

      Harvey Taylor      Meta Media Productions
      uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor
               a186@mindlink.UUCP