[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] what about AtariST mices

itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) (03/04/91)

All this talk about converting trackballs and mice got me thinking...
Do AtariST mouses work on the Amiga????

RichBrack
--
{ the itchman cometh   /-/         _          i don't want to be your angel }
{ itch@cbnews.att.com /-/        _|_|_          i want to be your witch!    }

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (03/05/91)

itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) writes:
>All this talk about converting trackballs and mice got me thinking...
>Do AtariST mouses work on the Amiga????

Yes, with a little work. The details are in the latest & greatest
collection of trackball hacks that I just posted yesterday. The
article was titled "Latest & Greatest Trackball hack collection".
Toward the end of the collection there were a couple of Amiga -> ST
hacks, reversing them will give you the ST -> Amiga connections. You
just need to shuffle the pinouts some.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com     or    ...dsd.es.com!javelin!blgardne

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/06/91)

>All this talk about converting trackballs and mice got me thinking...
>Do AtariST mouses work on the Amiga????

No they do not work on the Amiga. I can't see why you would want to use one
though, the commodore mouse is just fine until you spoil yourself with a
Nakshua or Golden Image, the Atari mouse is absoloutly horrid! (I have to use
them at work you see)

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

darrell@comspec.uucp (Darrell Grainger) (03/08/91)

In article <1991Mar4.152933.18246@cbnews.att.com>, itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) writes:

> All this talk about converting trackballs and mice got me thinking...
> Do AtariST mouses work on the Amiga????

 I have used the Atari mouse. The question was not worth asking. The original
mouse feels horrible. All non-Atari mice for the Atari ST are made by the
companies for the the Amiga as well (i.e. the Golden Image mouse is made for
both the Atari ST and Amiga).

> RichBrack
> --
> { the itchman cometh   /-/         _          i don't want to be your angel }
> { itch@cbnews.att.com /-/        _|_|_          i want to be your witch!    }
> { att!cbnews!itch \-\/-/         ( * )tch                 -yello            }

| Darrell Grainger (darrell@comspec) |Comspec Communications Inc.    |
| Toronto, Ontario, Canada           |Disclaimer: My opinions do not |
|  (416)617-1475     (416)633-5605   |reflect those of my employer.  |
|      Motorcycle: Honda PC800       |      Computer:Amiga 2000      |