[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Need help interfacing Conner/DEC RZ23 SCSI HD

srwmcln@windy.dsir.govt.nz (03/09/91)

In article <1991Mar2.071124.13969@en.ecn.purdue.edu>, wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) writes:
> I am trying to "force" a Conner 3100d (DEC RZ23 SCSI) to "talk SCSI"
> with my PC's SCSI interface.  I realize that these were not the technical terms,

That little d on the 3100 may mean that the drive has custom DEC roms, that
sort of difference has been seen on other DEC drives. But I'm no expert.
Clive.

craparotta@craparotta.enet.dec.com (Joe Craparotta) (03/11/91)

In article <18848.27d82af1@windy.dsir.govt.nz>, srwmcln@windy.dsir.govt.nz writes...
>In article <1991Mar2.071124.13969@en.ecn.purdue.edu>, wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) writes:
>> I am trying to "force" a Conner 3100d (DEC RZ23 SCSI) to "talk SCSI"
>> with my PC's SCSI interface.  I realize that these were not the technical terms,
>
>That little d on the 3100 may mean that the drive has custom DEC roms, that
>sort of difference has been seen on other DEC drives. But I'm no expert.
>Clive.

Clive,

The RZ23 Digital drive should work with no problems at all, on either a Mac
or a PC.. The problem is that the RZ's (ALL) DO NOT spin up at power up
time. You must send them a power up command. I have a program for my Mac
that will write a location in the ROM that will make it spin up at power
up.. If you have access to a Mac I can give u the program. Don't know what
to tell you for the PC though...

Joe Craparotta	Craparotta@level.dec.com
		--or-- ...!decwrl!level.dec.com!craparotta
		--or-- craparotta%level.dec@decwrl.dec.com

discalimer: The above are my Personal views and do NOT represent those of my
EMPLOYER.. They don't listen to me anyway.. :-))