[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Triple mouseclicks required?

Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (02/23/91)

> DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <91055.121735DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu>
> Org.  : Penn State University
>
> >I'm required to click 3 times on something (like a filename in a SID
>
> Something like this happened to me a while ago. Some CIA timer registers
> (sorry, I forget which) were set incorrectly, which prevented the timer
> device from functioning. The most noticeable consequence was that double
> clicking was screwed up. Perhaps you have the same problem, only in
> hardware. :-)
>
> -- Dan Babcock

So what did you do to fix it, Dan?   Thanks,  Scott

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (02/25/91)

In article <4896@mindlink.UUCP>, Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) says:

vsolanoy@ozonebbs.UUCP (Victor Solanoy) (03/09/91)

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

> In article <4896@mindlink.UUCP>, Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) says
>
> >Something odd has happened to my computer in the last week wherein sometimes
> >I'm required to click 3 times on something (like a filename in a SID
>
> Something like this happened to me a while ago. Some CIA timer registers
> (sorry, I forget which) were set incorrectly, which prevented the timer
> device from functioning. The most noticeable consequence was that double
> clicking was screwed up. Perhaps you have the same problem, only in
> hardware. :-)
>
> -- Dan Babcock

I had a problem similar to the one in the first quote.... well, anyways, I
plugged in another mouse... and it seemed that the problems was soley in the
mouse in my case.  I've noticed this problem happening in I guess what you
can considered the newer modification to the 1352 mouse or whatever the
number is.... well, the one with the steel ball.  The contacts on the thing
are really bad....  if you've got the mouse with the taped on contacts, peel
the tape off and squirt some audio/video type cleaning solution onto the
contacts and take a cotton swab and really scrub the thing....  I haven't
had problems since...  and when it does arise, I just do the procedure
again and the mouse works fine...

I dunno about CIA chip though...

   Victor

Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (03/13/91)

As it turns out, it was the 8520 CIA (at U300) that was at fault. The keys to
the diagnosis were the system clock was stopped, and when I switched the two
CIAs the mouse clicks on an icon in the WB mode caused a lockup. So I switched
the U300 chip and all is fixed. Thanks much to those who replied with
suggestions...
  0   | \          ________Scott Busse
 /\_^_|  |__      /_________CIS 73040,2114
`__  -----  \____/___________a763@mindlink.UUCP