[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Will THIS Syquest work on My A3000?

sutherla@orange9.qtp.ufl.edu (Scott Sutherland) (03/14/91)

	I have someone who has a Syquest 44 Mb removable drive
that was attached to his IBM but is looking to sell it.  He
says that it works on a STANDARD SCSI card called the ST-02.
Will this work on my 3000???  Is there any other information
I need to know to make sure?  Finally, any good/bad comments
and helpful hints as to working with Syquest's on the 3000
would be helpful (including installation, details about this
'diskchange' stuff I've been hearing about, any sources
for inexpensive cartridges, etc.).

Thanks,

Scott Sutherland

mohabir@parc.xerox.com (Daniel A. Mohabir) (03/14/91)

In article <27435@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> sutherla@orange9.qtp.ufl.edu (Scott Sutherland) writes:

>	I have someone who has a Syquest 44 Mb removable drive
>that was attached to his IBM but is looking to sell it.  He
>says that it works on a STANDARD SCSI card called the ST-02.
>Will this work on my 3000???  Is there any other information
>I need to know to make sure?  Finally, any good/bad comments
>and helpful hints as to working with Syquest's on the 3000
>would be helpful (including installation, details about this
>'diskchange' stuff I've been hearing about, any sources
>for inexpensive cartridges, etc.).

The Syquest works just fine on the A3000. Nothing special is needed.
Just install it like you would a hard drive. I have one on my A3000
and have had no problems with it. There also isn't any need for diskchange.
The A3000 recognizes a diskchange on the Syquest. Smart comouter, that A3000.

--
|  Daniel A. Mohabir           |  Phone:         |  Amiga.            |