[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] NEC 3D owners please read!

joem@nos850.UUCP (Joe Muller) (03/09/91)

 Ok people, I've posted this once before and got (what I thought) was
a straight answer.  Now I have been reading about people who have
been 'using their NEC 3D with their display enhancer perfectly' and this
is driving me batty.  I own a NEC 3D and I WANT a display enhancer but
I would like to know if ANYONE has encountered ANY problems AT ALL using
the NEC 3D in conjunction with the A2320 display enhancer.  Help!

 -Joe Muller

P.S.  Please POST all replies here, since our feed has been kind of shaky.

ig29@terre (Robert Gagnon) (03/11/91)

In article <235@nos850.UUCP> joem@nos850.UUCP (Joe Muller) writes:

> Ok people, I've posted this once before and got (what I thought) was
>a straight answer.  Now I have been reading about people who have
>been 'using their NEC 3D with their display enhancer perfectly' and this
>is driving me batty.  I own a NEC 3D and I WANT a display enhancer but
>I would like to know if ANYONE has encountered ANY problems AT ALL using
>the NEC 3D in conjunction with the A2320 display enhancer.  Help!

I have been using that combination for four months now.  No problems.  The NEC
3D directly plugs into the 2320.  The only annoying thing is that you can't
horizontally stretch the picture enough, so you get black borders (about 1/4th
of an inch) each side of the screen.

Robert //
     \X/ Gagnon

anderson@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Brent James Anderson) (03/11/91)

ig29@terre (Robert Gagnon) writes:

>In article <235@nos850.UUCP> joem@nos850.UUCP (Joe Muller) writes:
>>
>> Ok people, I've posted this once before and got (what I thought) was
>>a straight answer.  Now I have been reading about people who have
>>been 'using their NEC 3D with their display enhancer perfectly' and this
>>is driving me batty.  I own a NEC 3D and I WANT a display enhancer but
>>I would like to know if ANYONE has encountered ANY problems AT ALL using
>>the NEC 3D in conjunction with the A2320 display enhancer.  Help!

>I have been using that combination for four months now.  No problems.  The NEC
>3D directly plugs into the 2320.  The only annoying thing is that you can't
>horizontally stretch the picture enough, so you get black borders (about 1/4th
>of an inch) each side of the screen.

>Robert //
>     \X/ Gagnon

I get the same "1/4 inch border" on my setup:

NEC-3D and MicroWay flickerFixer.  I think it's the NEC's fault you can't stretch
the picture out since they put a limit on how far you could stretch.  Kind of a
drawback of the nifty digital controls if you ask me.

-Beej

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (03/11/91)

In article <anderson.668682342@mrcnext> anderson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>ig29@terre (Robert Gagnon) writes:
>
>I get the same "1/4 inch border" on my setup:
>
>NEC-3D and MicroWay flickerFixer.  I think it's the NEC's fault you can't stretch
>the picture out since they put a limit on how far you could stretch.  Kind of a
>drawback of the nifty digital controls if you ask me.

There is a way to get rid of the horizontal borders, but you have to get inside the
NEC 3d to do this. I would suggest you leave the operation to qualified individuals,
and no, I don't have the info on how to do it :^)

Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

lcc727@unhd.unh.edu (Layton C Cote) (03/12/91)

In article <235@nos850.UUCP> joem@nos850.UUCP (Joe Muller) writes:

> Ok people, I've posted this once before and got (what I thought) was
>a straight answer.  Now I have been reading about people who have
>been 'using their NEC 3D with their display enhancer perfectly' and this
>is driving me batty.  I own a NEC 3D and I WANT a display enhancer but
>I would like to know if ANYONE has encountered ANY problems AT ALL using
>the NEC 3D in conjunction with the A2320 display enhancer.  Help!
>
> -Joe Muller
>
>P.S.  Please POST all replies here, since our feed has been kind of shaky.

I've been using my 3D with my 3000 (same display enhancer circuitry)
flawlessly for quite a while now.  The only thing i've found with
the nec 3d's is that the ones shipping now sync a little differently
when one changes resolutions on the fly.  The screen blanks for a second,
while the old ones used to instantly expand or shrink...

-Layton

anderson@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Brent James Anderson) (03/13/91)

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:

>In article <anderson.668682342@mrcnext> anderson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>ig29@terre (Robert Gagnon) writes:
>>
>>I get the same "1/4 inch border" on my setup:
>>
>>NEC-3D and MicroWay flickerFixer.  I think it's the NEC's fault you can't stretch
>>the picture out since they put a limit on how far you could stretch.  Kind of a
>>drawback of the nifty digital controls if you ask me.
>>

>There is a way to get rid of the horizontal borders, but you have to get inside the
>NEC 3d to do this. I would suggest you leave the operation to qualified individuals,
Believe it or not, I'm willing to risk the high amount of green I paid for the 3D to
get rid of the borders.

>and no, I don't have the info on how to do it :^)

Who does? :)

>Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
>Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
>UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

-Beej

rrmorris@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Rodney Raym Morrison) (03/14/91)

Could someone compare the 1950 vs NEC 3D?
I will be purchasing a 3000, and I am researching for the correct/best monitor,
especially since the price for the 1950 went up to $520 (600 w/ tax).