[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Bodega Bay Query

dh125@cs.city.ac.uk (SAUNDERS P B) (03/05/91)

Questions about the Bodega Bay.

1) I am thinking about buying a cheap hard disk drive like the A590. Can this
   be used with the bodega bay.

2) Can someone mail me info on it. Like how much it costs and where I can get
   one.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

monty@sagpd1 (03/15/91)

In article <1991Mar5.134955.26419@cs.city.ac.uk> dh125@cs.city.ac.uk (SAUNDERS P B) writes:
>Questions about the Bodega Bay.
>
>1) I am thinking about buying a cheap hard disk drive like the A590. Can this
>   be used with the bodega bay.

    NO. They both plug into the expansion connector. You will need
    an A2000 compatible drive/controller. The Bodega Bay has (if memory
    serves me correcttly) 4 ZorroII slots, a 200watt power supply for both
    the expansion cards and the A500, improved air circulation (fan driven)
    NO video slot and no co-processor slot. They recommend the new midget
    racer for 030 upgrade.

>2) Can someone mail me info on it. Like how much it costs and where I can get
>   one.

    Again, if memory serves, it costs about $495. SRP

    Monty Saine