[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 3000 RAM specs/price

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (03/13/91)

I have two questions regarding the 16MB of RAM i want to buy to
a 3000?

1) If I shall be able to buy the RAM from a non-Amiga selling place
   I need to know what I should buy. So, please, everything you got
   including the nanoseconds so that the shop may identify it?
   (Even how it physically looks would be of help, maybe...)

2) What's the price in the US for this 16MB, and where could I buy
   it without risking to get ripped off?

Tommy Petersson
tope@enea.se

lindwall@mbongo.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (03/15/91)

In article <2807@enea.se> tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) writes:
>I have two questions regarding the 16MB of RAM i want to buy to
>a 3000?

I don't own an A3000 but I have access to one.  There is a small book
that came with the system called "Introducing the Commodore Amiga 3000".
On page 4-17 they give the specs on the RAM chips you'll want to buy
including example part numbers from different vendors.  I notice they
list Page Mode as well as Static Column RAMS; I believe you do not want
to get Page Mode, but someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

--
John Lindwall			lindwall@cs.ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot