[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] LUCAS and IVS Trumpcard

dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Doctor Memory) (03/15/91)

A while back I purchased an IVS Trumpcard box/controller and drive for my
500. While I am quite satisfied with it, I had to stop using LUCAS, because
of strange behaviour with the hard drive, i.e., program loads, but doesn't run,
random lockups, etc. I have a new power supply (100W) ordered, which should
arrive soon, but assuming the power supply was not at fault, does anyone
have and ideas/experience as to what might be the problem? I noted a few
messages a while back from others who had similar problems with 68020/030
and hard drive combinations. Also, anybody know if my controller is DMA or
not?

On a related topic, my Baseboard RAM expansion seems not to want to autoconfig
with LUCAS, consistently guru-ing at addresses around $C00000. Could it be
that the Baseboard is a slow-fast RAM setup have anything to do with it?
Any comments, etc. to these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond to: dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

--
-- David Black     University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
                   Internet: dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

vincelee@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Vincent H. Lee) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar14.171452.12290@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Doctor Memory) writes:
>A while back I purchased an IVS Trumpcard box/controller and drive for my
>500. While I am quite satisfied with it, I had to stop using LUCAS, because
>of strange behaviour with the hard drive, i.e., program loads, but doesn't run,
>random lockups, etc. I have a new power supply (100W) ordered, which should

I had problems with the same combination until i changed the flags parameter in
my mountlist to 17 to turn on r/w handshaking.  btw, i also have a trumpcard
and lucas in a 500 (&frances too)
.
-vince