[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 2.0 NOCLICK! Where is it! Not under ab's sources...

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (03/14/91)

Would someone *PLEASE* tell me where to find a 2.0 compatable
NO clicker for my amiga 2000 ??? Yeesh, does that click
get'cha annoyed after a while..

(my roomy too!) :-)

Monitor of comp.sys.amiga.emulations
 -jeremy

--
E Pluribus //  Contacts: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu or jeremym@chopin.udel.edu or
  Unix    //		 jeremym@freezer.acs.udel.edu -amiga clasic 2000-

mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Firestar) (03/15/91)

From article <16643@chopin.udel.edu>, by jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz):

> Would someone *PLEASE* tell me where to find a 2.0 compatable
> NO clicker for my amiga 2000 ??? Yeesh, does that click
> get'cha annoyed after a while..

Though I don't know how well it would work on a 2000, there is a 2.0 NoClick
on isca.icaen.uiowa.edu.

					Firestar

* Michael Pins (Firestar)     |   Internet: mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu     *
* ISCA's Amiga Librarian      |         #include <std.disclaimer>           *

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (03/15/91)

In article <4899@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Firestar) writes:

>Though I don't know how well it would work on a 2000, there is a 2.0 NoClick
>on isca.icaen.uiowa.edu.

Speaking of NoClick (which sets a bit that the OS uses to turn off
clicking) why does it work with some drives and not others WHEN THE
DRIVES ARE IDENTICAL MODEL NUMBERS? Yes, I have two 2010 (Chinon)
internal drives.

On one machine, NoClick stops whichever drive is in DF0: but not the
one in DF1: (I swapped them :^)

On another machine, a similar situation occurs, however the second
drive is a 1010 external. Noclick-type utilities under 1.3 would stop
the 1010 DF2: from clicking, but NoClick under 2.0 will not.

Does the NoClick bit only work for drives in DF0:?

Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Firestar) (03/16/91)

From article <1894@swrinde.nde.swri.edu>, by kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk):
> Speaking of NoClick (which sets a bit that the OS uses to turn off
> clicking) why does it work with some drives and not others WHEN THE
> DRIVES ARE IDENTICAL MODEL NUMBERS? Yes, I have two 2010 (Chinon)
> internal drives.

> On one machine, NoClick stops whichever drive is in DF0: but not the
> one in DF1: (I swapped them :^)

Are you invoking NoClick for each drive independently?
You need to specify each drive by number in the command line.

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (03/16/91)

In article <4906@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> mtpins@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Firestar) writes:
>From article <1894@swrinde.nde.swri.edu>, by kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk):
>> On one machine, NoClick stops whichever drive is in DF0: but not the
>> one in DF1: (I swapped them :^)

>Are you invoking NoClick for each drive independently?
>You need to specify each drive by number in the command line.

You bet I did. However I currently only specify it for the drives
(df0:) that do cease to click when it is invoked. Just to test, I did
leave it invoked for the 2010 in DF1: for a couple of months, with no
ill effects that I can see, as that same drive still works & ceases to
click when connected as DF0:.