[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga 1000 hard drive interfaces, AdIDE from ICD

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (03/14/91)

I'm soliciting opinions and information about hard drive controllers for
the Amiga 1000.  I'm interested in the AdIDE, StarBlazer from MAST.
Autoboot would be nice.
The real question is whether or not the AdIDE will work on a 1000.
I would really like to use one inside of my machine.  Has anybody tried this?
What results?  Has anybody done the Amazing Computing Kickstart ROM socket
hack?  What about the multi-serial hack?  Has anybody done these two hacks
together?  Do they work together?  What about both hacks and using a hard
drive interface and memory?

			Thanks, Ralph

Ralph Seguin			rps@arbortext.com
536 South Forest Apt. #915	gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48104		(313) 662-4805

specter@disk.uucp (Byron Max Guernsey) (03/16/91)

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:

>I'm soliciting opinions and information about hard drive controllers for
>the Amiga 1000.  I'm interested in the AdIDE, StarBlazer from MAST.
>Autoboot would be nice.

The Starblazer interface is tested with the 1000 from what I have heard.
Is the AdIDE an option for it? (sorry for the ignorance, I too am looking
for a new driver for my hard drive) I don't know that the 1000 is capable
of autobooting a hard drive. haha. I'm sure with hacks it is, but I'm
just wondering if a "Rejuvenated" 1000 can autoboot on one of those A500
drives? If you buy a Starblazer, let me know how well it works. I was
looking into getting the starblazer with the WordMaster interface, but I
called the company and I apparently got them during off hours. A woman
answered the phone and said they weren't really open, but that she would
send me out a pamplet on the starblazer- she took my address but I have
not received anything from them (that was a couple months back)

Byron
--
/ /  \/   /\  /_/  \_| |-------------------| |   / |The Legendary City of Frore|