[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] >>Bodega Bay

mcclend@infonode.ingr.com (William D McClendon) (03/17/91)

In comp.sys.amiga.hardware you write:

>In article <1991Mar5.134955.26419@cs.city.ac.uk> dh125@cs.city.ac.uk (SAUNDERS P B) writes:
>>Questions about the Bodega Bay.
>>
>>1) I am thinking about buying a cheap hard disk drive like the A590. Can this
>>   be used with the bodega bay.

>    NO. They both plug into the expansion connector. You will need
>    an A2000 compatible drive/controller. The Bodega Bay has (if memory
>    serves me correcttly) 4 ZorroII slots, a 200watt power supply for both
>    the expansion cards and the A500, improved air circulation (fan driven)
>    NO video slot and no co-processor slot. They recommend the new midget
>    racer for 030 upgrade.
>>
>>2) Can someone mail me info on it. Like how much it costs and where I can get
>>   one.

>    Again, if memory serves, it costs about $495. SRP

>    Monty Saine

As a matter of fact, the Bodega Bay COULD support the A590.  If you are planning
on a 590 purchase now and a bodega bay later, you could take the drive out and
use it with another controller later.  The boodega bay is selling MO from
several resellers for 299.00 to 339.00 plus shipping etc.  (I did not say
that is was pratical to use the 590 this way, JUST POSSIBLE :) :) :) ).

Bill