[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Clock and Lattice Compiler

siannce@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Twinkie the Sponge Cake) (03/17/91)

I just had something rather strange happen to me (at least I thought it was
strange). I was compiling away with Lattice 5.04 and suddenly got a guru.
After rebooting my setclock command was giving me an "<invalid> <invalid>
<invalid>", trying the date command I received the same results. I tried
using the "setclock reset" to no avail (I've got a Rev 4.3 B2000 by the way).
So I said "ok, I'll forget about the stupid clock for the while..." and
decided to recompile what I was compiling. LC1 came back with an error
message like "can't define __LINE__ or __FILE__" After a couple reboots,
(both cold and warm) I ctrl-D before my hard drive was bindrivered in and was
able to set the clock (I have a Q40 with a GVP II + 8 (with 2 megs on it)
although it could have just been a cooincidence that it let me set it before
the bindrivers...) and LC1 worked just fine. Does anyone know if LC1 tries
to read the clock or something? I was getting worried there for a while...

Thanks for you input!
	-Stephan

	-Stephan Iannce (siannce@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU)     // YAAJ (Yet Another
          	   On the E^4 Year plan.            	\X/      Amiga Junkie)

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (03/17/91)

In article <27e31113.6632@petunia.CalPoly.EDU>, Twinkie the Sponge Cake writes:

> I just had something rather strange happen to me (at least I thought it was
> strange). I was compiling away with Lattice 5.04 and suddenly got a guru.
> After rebooting my setclock command was giving me an "<invalid> <invalid>
> <invalid>", trying the date command I received the same results. I tried
> using the "setclock reset" to no avail (I've got a Rev 4.3 B2000 by the way).

I had this happen to me as well, a few months ago (different circumstances,

I couldn't get setclock, or anything to make it work, so I eventually used
PREFERENCES to set the time, and that worked great.

So, if anyone else has a problem with their clock having <invalid> data,
try Preferences. It worked for me.

Dac
--
David Andrew Clayton. // _l _  _ dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au    *or*|I post.I am.