[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SCSI-to-SCSI instead o

Erik.Funkenbusch@p7.f55.n282.z1.edgar.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (03/15/91)

LC> RE: SCSI-to-SCSI instead of NULL modem
LC> From: lcc727@unhd.unh.edu (Layton C Cote)
LC> 727
LC>
LC> In article <47025@nigel.ee.udel.edu> 874226@watt.usask.ca (Shawn
LC> Switenky) writes:
LC> >I think that C-Ltd had a product which allowed you to connect up
LC> >two Amigas across the scsi port and share the devices between the two.
LC> >
LC> >Shawn Switenky
LC> >874226@watt.usask/ca
LC>
LC> FINALLY!   I have been searching for something like this for a long time,
LC> or at least how to build one.  HOW MUCH does this little cable run.
LC> Would it work fine transferring data between 2 3000's with fast
LC> quantum 210M drives?   Thanks for the info!!!

probably not, since i believe i've heard that the C-Ltd Kronos card
broke under 2.0, and since said company is no longer in business, it's
not a sure bet that anyone will do anything about it.  you could
probably do the same thing with just about any scsi controller.  since
scsi xfer is the same (theoretically) accross the platforms, just need
to make sure that the controllers can be set for differing unit numbers
and a correct mountlist.. heh..  probably some special software too..
oh well.

barrett@chol.serum.kodak.com (Chris Barrett (x37253)) (03/20/91)

In article <669038981.2@mmug.edgar.mn.org> Erik.Funkenbusch@p7.f55.n282.z1.edgar.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:

>probably not, since i believe i've heard that the C-Ltd Kronos card
>broke under 2.0, and since said company is no longer in business, it's

I've been using 2.0 on my 1000 with the C.Ltd Kronos SCSI board for the last
9 months without a problem.

Chris

--
		barrett@Kodak.COM  ( Chris Barrett )

Erik.Funkenbusch@p7.f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (03/21/91)

C(> >probably not, since i believe i've heard that the C-Ltd Kronos card
C(> >broke under 2.0, and since said company is no longer in business, it's
C(>
C(> I've been using 2.0 on my 1000 with the C.Ltd Kronos SCSI board for the last
C(> 9 months without a problem.

I believe it was a later version of the Operating system.

C(>
C(> Chris
C(>
C(>