[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Easy money

jap@convex.cl.msu.edu (Joe Porkka) (03/22/91)

tway@mwk.uucp (Bill Tway) writes:

>                       INSTRUCTIONS
>                       ============
>Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 20 to 60 days you
>will have received well over $50,000.00 cash, all yours.
>This program has remained successful because of the honesty
>and integrety of the participants.  Please continue its
>success by carefully adhering to the instructions.

Of course everybody realizes this is a pyramid scheme and as
such is quite illegal, besides being inappropriate for this
newsgroup, and most of the nets over which NetNews travels.

b5259872@rick.cs.ubc.ca (Anthon S T Pang) (03/22/91)

In article <245.27e77ecf@mwk.uucp> tway@mwk.uucp (Bill Tway) writes:

>                       INSTRUCTIONS
>                       ============
>Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 20 to 60 days you
>will have received well over $50,000.00 cash, all yours.

This looks like a pyramid scheme to me.  Would someone kindly send a control
message and delete the above offending (and illegal) post?

breemen@rulcvx.LeidenUniv.nl (E. van Breemen) (03/22/91)

In article <245.27e77ecf@mwk.uucp> tway@mwk.uucp (Bill Tway) writes:

>                       INSTRUCTIONS
>                       ============
>Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 20 to 60 days you
>will have received well over $50,000.00 cash, all yours.
>This program has remained successful because of the honesty
>and integrety of the participants.  Please continue its
>success by carefully adhering to the instructions.

Sorry, for this response but I don't think that this kind of
trash belongs here! The only person who gets rich is the first
person (Bill Tway?). I hope many people will read this and don't
fall into his trap. We call this kind of thing in Holland a
chain letter. So people: keep your money for yourself!!!!

Greetings,

Erwin van Breemen

martens@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (03/24/91)

The best response to this sort of net-abuse isn't to just talk about
it in an inappropriate newsgroup:  flood the following accounts with
complaints: tway@mwk.uucp, operator@mwk.uucp, and postmaster@mwk.uucp.
--
-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)
	Another programming language achieves fame outside the software

kherron@ms.uky.edu (Kenneth Herron) (03/24/91)

martens@dinghy.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) writes:

>The best response to this sort of net-abuse isn't to just talk about
>it in an inappropriate newsgroup:  flood the following accounts with
>complaints: tway@mwk.uucp, operator@mwk.uucp, and postmaster@mwk.uucp.

I'm the news administrator for the University of Kentucky.  As soon as
I found out about the post, I:

1) Removed the article locally.  I later found out that there were ten
   copies of the article, and removed those too.
2) Mailed a notice to the postmaster of mwk.uucp.
3) Posted a notice to news.admin, so other news administrators would
   know what was up.

The site's postmaster responded hours later that they knew what had
happened and had dealt with Mr. Tway.  "Most harshly" were his
exact words.

All of this took place DAYS ago!  C'mon, the incident is over!  Any
further mail on the subject is pure harassment; any further posting is
a waste of bandwidth.

Let's all forget about Mr. Tway and go back to discussing the best
computer on the planet...
--
Kenneth Herron                                            kherron@ms.uky.edu
University of Kentucky                                        (606) 257-2975