[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SCSI Tape Drives

andrewtn@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Trevor Andrews) (03/12/91)

I am looking for information on a good SCSI tape stream.
Can anyone suggest one and could anyone give me good or bad
opinions on the following tape drives.

Archive 2060F  150MB   90KB/sec
Siemens  ?     150MB  5.4MB/min
Teac     ?     150MB  5.4MB/min

Any information on these drive as well as any suggestions of a
good tape drive and company to talk to would help.

    Thanks

      Matt

cal@helios.ucsc.edu (Cal Delaney) (03/13/91)

In article <7663@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> andrewtn@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Trevor Andrews) writes:
>I am looking for information on a good SCSI tape stream.
>Can anyone suggest one and could anyone give me good or bad
>opinions on the following tape drives.

>Archive 2060F  150MB   90KB/sec
>Siemens  ?     150MB  5.4MB/min
>Teac     ?     150MB  5.4MB/min

>Any information on these drive as well as any suggestions of a
>good tape drive and company to talk to would help.

Please include me in any responces.
I am in dire need of a SCSI Tape backup.

cal@helios.ucsc.edu

| cal@helios.ucsc.edu       |        Cals Amiga Den (408) 688-4074           |
| GEnie C.Delaney           |           300/1200/2400   24 Hrs.              |
| USA Today  caldel         |              170 MEGS On-Line                  |
| Ma Bell (408) 459-2724    |                 All Amiga                      |

swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson) (03/14/91)

Please send a cc of any replies to me.

Thank's in advance,

	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
  DDN: (CDS6)	INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu	UUCP: swansonc@stolaf

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (03/14/91)

	Also include me it if's not too much trouble... I have an
	A3000 and am looking for a good tape drive.

	-Mike-

root@maynhbd.UUCP (Super user) (03/23/91)

Maynard Electronics, Inc. distributes a series of SCSI tape drives
manufactured by our parent company, Archive that work fine with the
Amiga.  The products include 1/4" cartridge drives in external and
5-1/4" internal configurations with storage capacities of 60, 15/250
and 525 Mbytes.  Also, we distribute the Archive Python 4mm DAT drive.
This drive is also available as an external (4330XT) or internal
(4520NT) device and stores 1.3 Gigabytes on a 60M tape or 2.0 Gigs on
a 90M tape.

I have used all of these drives on my A500 with a C-Ltd adapter and
my 2000 with the 2091A with total success.  Also, I have tested the
2150ES (external 150/250 M) and the Python 4330XT on the 2500 with
Nexxus' controller and Flashback software and the A3000 with the
built in SCSI and BRU from Fred Fish/EST/CBM.

You should be able to get any of these drives through your dealer.  If
your dealer doesn't carry Archive drives, and is interested in helping
you, they can get them through most national distribution channels
(i.e. Tech Data, Arrow, Avnet Computer, and others).  The models are
as follows:

    1/4" Cartridge SCSI Drives
	Archive Viper 2060S	Internal 5-1/4" 60 Mbytes
	Archive Viper 2060ES	External 60 Mbytes
	Archive Viper 2150S	Internal 5-1/4" 150/250 Mbytes
	Archive Viper 2150ES	External 150/250 Mbytes
	Archive Viper 2525S	Internal 5-1/4" 525 Mbytes
    4mm DAT SCSI Drives
	Archive Viper 2525ES	External 525 Mbytes
	Archive Python 4330XT	External 4mm DAT
	Archive Python 4520NT	Internal 5-1/4" 4mm DAT

Disclaimer:  The information presented here is my opinion concerning
	     the use of the Archive brand SCSI tape drives with the
	     Amiga family of computers and in no way represents the
	     opinions or attitudes of Maynard Electronics, Inc. or
	     Archive Corporation.

Tim Jones				...!uunet!maynhbd!timj
Maynard Electronics, Inc.		or   timj@maynhbd.UUCP
An Archive Company

Scott_Busse@mindlink.UUCP (Scott Busse) (03/25/91)

>> Tim Jones relays various info about Archive Tape Drives and Amiga
>> compatability...
Thanks for the tape drive info, Tim Jones! It's about time someone came along
with some solid information on this sadly vacuous area of Amiga computing!
Commodore, write this stuff down so when someone asks, you can say something...
* Scott Busse email:           O    O   O_     _      ___ .....
* CIS 73040,2114              |||  /|\  /\   O/\_     /         O    )=|
* a763@mindlink.UUCP           l   | |   |\    / \   /\                _\
* uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Scott_Busse     Live Long and Animate... \