[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Transputer Card

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (03/06/91)

Can someone give me some info on the transputer card?  How much is it?
Where can I get it?  Who makes it?

Thanks
rory

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (03/23/91)

Does somebody out there in netland know who makes the TRansputer card,
and how much is it?

Thanks
rory

jmundt@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey Steven Mundt) (03/26/91)

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) writes:

>Does somebody out there in netland know who makes the TRansputer card,
>and how much is it?

>Thanks
>rory

Sang Computersysteme of (West) Germnay produces a series of transputer cards
that are supposed to be interfaceable to the Amiga.  There are three cards:

1.	Megalink-01:  "Transputer farm card" with 4 Transputers (T800),
	up to 8 meg of RAM on the card.  Prices range from dm 11950 to
	dm 38550.
2.	Megalink-02:  "High performance transputer graphics board" with
	ip to 8 meg of main memory/2 meg of dedicated video RAM.  Allows up
	to 1280x1024/256 colours or 640x480/16.7 million colours. Price
	varies from dm 6950 to dm 9800.
3.	Megalink-03:  "Transputer memory board" with DMA interface and up
	to 32 meg of memory/board.  Prices quoted as dm 3450 (1 meg) to
	32900 (32 meg).

The software and interface for the Amiga costs dm 250.

Software listed as available for the Amiga:
Occam compile/server, Parallel C, Parallel Fortran, Parallel Pascal,
Transputer assembler TASM 2, Topexpress MathLib library, Topexpress VecLib
library, Topexpress ParLib library.  Prices vary from dm 495 to dm 2650.

There are various options and accesories available.

Please note that I have never really seen these boards in operation, nor have
I any affiliation with Sang.

Sang can be contacted at:

Sang-Computersysteme Gmbh
Am Wuennesberg 13
D-4300 Essen 1
(West) Germany

voice: 49-201-7101191
fax: 49-201-710410

--Jeff

If you have any further questions, I suggest calling them, but if you email
me, I may be of some help.

jmundt@silver.ucs.indiana.edu