[net.space] Where does one find those astronomical equations?

@S1-A.ARPA,@MIT-MC.ARPA:JOSH%YKTVMH.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (08/22/85)

From: Josh Knight  <JOSH%YKTVMH.BITNET@wiscvm.arpa>

 >   Where does one find equations like that?  I have been looking for
 > such things...
 >                                                                 ...Keith

"The American Ephemeris and Nautical Almanac" from the U.S. Naval Observatory
and it's associated explanatory supplement.  I've forgotten exactly what the
explanatory supplement is called but any issue of the Almanac references it.
The AENA is published yearly.  I've been thinking of suscribing, but it's not
cheap.  Check the library of the nearest University with an Astronomy or
Aeronautics department or the nearest Planetarium.

			Josh Knight
			IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
josh@yktvmh.BITNET,  josh.yktvmh.ibm-sj@csnet-relay.ARPA