[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Speed Trials: ICD Advantage 2000

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (03/25/91)

In article <1991Mar25.174202.14540@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>,
vho@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Viet Ho) writes:

> OK, I just got my ICD and here's what I got with diskperfa:

Remember that ICD's caching algorithm uses deferred writes!
Just imagine a system crash right before CMD_UPDATE ...

Ralph

vho@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Viet Ho) (03/26/91)

OK, I just got my ICD and here's what I got with diskperfa:

DiskPerfa on ICD Advantage 2000 SCSI controller
CPU: 68000 @ 7.14 Mhz
Quantum 105s 19ms HD, 1 interleave, 74MB partition freshly formatted

Create Files:    46 files/sec.    Directory Scan:   103 entries/sec.
Delete Files:    84 files/sec.    Seek/Read Test:   139 seek/sec.

Read/Write Speed Test:  (bytes/sec.)

Buffer:  512     Read:     69,830     Write:     61,768
Buffer:   4k     Read:    247,305     Write:    173,605
Buffer:   8k     Read:    260,839     Write:    203,527
Buffer:  32k     Read:    468,114     Write:    371,835
Buffer:  64k     Read:    577,409     Write:    410,884
Buffer: 256k     Read:    647,269     Write:    437,636

Hey, I'd like to see the specs on the TrumpCard Pro w/
and w/out 68030 on the Quantum!  I was gonna get that
instead of the ICD...

-Viet

From: vho@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Viet Ho)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.marketplace