[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Boot from DF1:/2: using KS1.3 ?????

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (03/27/91)

Having an external 5.25" 880k drive I often need to boot from it, since
it is df2: on my 2000 it's easy enough to do it with KS2.0's boot menu.

However, is it possible to boot from an external drive under 1.3 by
just using software ? (I have tried rerouting the df0: select line,
with no luck.).

matt.

cmw1725@tamsun.tamu.edu (Christopher Walton) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar27.014903.24604@marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:

>Having an external 5.25" 880k drive I often need to boot from it, since
>it is df2: on my 2000 it's easy enough to do it with KS2.0's boot menu.
>
>However, is it possible to boot from an external drive under 1.3 by
>just using software ? (I have tried rerouting the df0: select line,
>with no luck.).
>
>matt.

You can use the program AUTOKICK from DigiSoft, an australian company...
They sometimes advertise in Amiga World...  It will allow you to save your
system kickstart, then modify it to boot off external drives, then save
it to disk again.  Then you can load it into your MMU, if you have a 1000
you just boot your new kickstart disk...