[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 1084 monitor and A3000

andrewsr@remus.rutgers.edu (Rich Andrews) (03/14/91)

Hello once again,

Does the monitor used for the A1000s (and others I guess) work with
the A3000?  (I realize that, because it is not a multisync, it will
still flicker).  Can I just plug it in, or do I have to have some type
of adapter?

I assume that I have a 1084, but there is no visible markings on the
front of my monitor.  It has worked exceptionally well for over 5
years.

Thanks in advance,
-Rich
--
  // Rich    | "Truth is disputable; not taste."  - Hume
\X/  Andrews | "180 degrees from sick is still sick" - J. Bradshaw

In article <Mar.13.21.37.38.1991.695@remus.rutgers.edu> andrewsr@remus.rutgers.edu (Rich Andrews) writes:

>Does the monitor used for the A1000s (and others I guess) work with
>the A3000?  (I realize that, because it is not a multisync, it will
>still flicker).  Can I just plug it in, or do I have to have some type
>of adapter?

Yes, you can plug it directly to the A3000. The A3000 has the same
monitor outlet as the earlier models. You only can't use some of the
new display modes. Well, you may try SuperHiRes, but you won't gain
anything from it. And Productivity is impossible, too.

drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) (03/21/91)

I need help from all of the video gurus out there.  One of the profs in the
math dept. here is looking for a low cost solution to display color graphics
in a small to medium lecture hall.  A couple of the students have suggested
that the Amiga is his answer, still, we are unsure as to what is the best way
to project the Amiga video onto a screen.  Whet hardware is out there to
help?

Those of you in the know on this subject should know that we do have access
to standard projection televisions, and these could play a part in our
solution.

If anyone has any advice for us, or has conquered this problem already I
would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Dave

drichards@hmcvax.claremont.edu

In article <11332@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) writes:
>I need help from all of the video gurus out there.  One of the profs in the
>math dept. here is looking for a low cost solution to display color graphics
>in a small to medium lecture hall.  A couple of the students have suggested
>that the Amiga is his answer, still, we are unsure as to what is the best way
>to project the Amiga video onto a screen.  Whet hardware is out there to
>help?
>
>Those of you in the know on this subject should know that we do have access
>to standard projection televisions, and these could play a part in our
>solution.

Yes, the Amiga has big advantages here. Mainly that it generates TV
compatible signals as standard. Most projection equipment I know
(Eidophor) also has RGB inputs, but with NTSC timing. This is exactly
what an Amiga provides. Typically you only need a special adapter cable
from the 23-pin Amiga monitor output to the BNC inputs of the projection
units. Oh, these projection units normally need a fourth input with the
sync signals, but these are also available at that output.

If you have several video sources (several Amigas or an additional
camera), then it always pays to sync the Amigas with a genlock interface
to one sync source (e.g. one master camera).

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (03/30/91)

From article <11332@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, by drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards):
> to project the Amiga video onto a screen.  Whet hardware is out there to
> help?

The University here (Weber State) has a device from Kodak that sits on top of
an overhead projector.  It was meant for use with IBM compatables. If it
has a vga port it should work with the 3000.  I don't know much beyond this,
but you might want to call Kodak about it.

--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil