[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Using an Amiga RGB monitor

rmy@trout.cis.ufl.edu (Rasthiyaadu Yakaa) (03/27/91)

My roommate is planning on buying a Mac LC and I have
been helping in trying to pick a reasonable but cheap
color monitor.

Does anyone know if the Commodore RGB monitor (1084) on
my A1000 will fit the Mac LC ? If so, will it simply plug
in, does it need a card or special cable ??
(I beleive a new 1084 sells for under $300).

BTW will any Amiga RGB monitor fit any Mac (LC, si,
ci etc)

Will appreciate any answers to the above (e-mail to
rmy@trout.cis.ufl.edu )

Thanks

yaseen

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (03/30/91)

rmy@trout.cis.ufl.edu (Rasthiyaadu Yakaa) writes:
>My roommate is planning on buying a Mac LC and I have
>been helping in trying to pick a reasonable but cheap
>color monitor.
>Does anyone know if the Commodore RGB monitor (1084) on
>my A1000 will fit the Mac LC ? If so, will it simply plug
>in, does it need a card or special cable ??
>(I beleive a new 1084 sells for under $300).
>BTW will any Amiga RGB monitor fit any Mac (LC, si,
>ci etc)
>Will appreciate any answers to the above (e-mail to
>rmy@trout.cis.ufl.edu )
>Thanks
>yaseen

Mostly no, unless it's a Mac specific or multisync type monitor.
Tell your roomate to buy an Amiga so can use your 1084.
the only good Mac monitors are the expensive ones: Applecolor 13",
or Radius etc. NEC Macsync is cheap but less good.
Cheap? don't get color, get the new Apple monochrome.
Or, buy an Amiga, tell him/her :-)

David