[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Using Mac 13" RGB monitor with A3000

tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd A. Green) (03/29/91)

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this or can give me solid
information.

I have a IIcx and an Apple 13" High-Res Analog RGB monitor.  I'm
in the market for an A3000 and would rather not crank out ~500 for
the 1950.  Has anyone successfully used the Apple monitor?  If
you need more info on the monitor (such as cable specs, refresh
rates, etc.) send email.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd A. Green   "<_CyberWolf_>"  --> Pascal <- InterNet:
Unix Systems Administration      --> Unix <--- tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Macintosh Systems Administration --> VMS <---- tagreen@rose.ucs.indiana.edu
WCC:136.04  Phone:(812) 855-0949 --> C <------ BitNet:
"This is the end, my only        --> Mac <---- tagreen@iubacs.BITNET
 friend, the end"                --> NeXT <--- NeXT Mail:
-Jim Morrison                    --> SunOS <-- tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

maxc1503@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (03/30/91)

tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd A. Green) writes:
>I'm wondering if anyone has tried this or can give me solid
>information.
>I have a IIcx and an Apple 13" High-Res Analog RGB monitor.  I'm
>in the market for an A3000 and would rather not crank out ~500 for
>the 1950.  Has anyone successfully used the Apple monitor?  If
>you need more info on the monitor (such as cable specs, refresh
>rates, etc.) send email.

Although it's one of the best monitors, it uses I think 34kHz horizontal
sync. frequency, and also not a multisync monitor. Amiga 3000 can output
15.75kHz hor. interlace mode, or 31.5kHz non-interlaced mode. So they are
not compatible. Vertical sync is less critical, since most monitors can
handle well by adustments.

If you don't need to use the SuperHiRes mode
, 1280x400 or 1280x512, or interlaced Productivity mode 960x480, which are
not supported by the deinterlacer in A3000, and output only in 15.75kHz
frequency, you can buy a VGA only monitor for a good price. no software
now uses those special modes anyway!

and I switched off the deinterlacer
just of curiousity, admitting that on games, 640x200 looks less jaggies

You can also buy a multisync monitor and works with both the Mac IIcx and
the A3000, but I have yet to find a video cable switch box .

due to illution than the double scan mode of it.
>Thanks,
you are welcome.

>Todd
>Todd A. Green   "<_CyberWolf_>"  --> Pascal <- InterNet:
>Unix Systems Administration      --> Unix <--- tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
>Macintosh Systems Administration --> VMS <---- tagreen@rose.ucs.indiana.edu
>WCC:136.04  Phone:(812) 855-0949 --> C <------ BitNet:
>"This is the end, my only        --> Mac <---- tagreen@iubacs.BITNET
> friend, the end"                --> NeXT <--- NeXT Mail:
>-Jim Morrison                    --> SunOS <-- tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

David Tse