[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Amiga that GURUs

dtiberio@libserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/01/91)

In article <1991Mar31.195016.8574@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@libserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>--
>David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN
>  -- Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

  My message never made it, but my .sig did!

  Here goes my message (please forgive that blank post):

  My A500 GURUs at the strangest times. Sometimes I type a key too hard
and I get a GURU. Sometmes I insert a nef floppy disk and it GURUs. Once a
spoon fell lightly on the case and it GURUd. To be quick (in case it GURUs),
I have 2.5 megs in a rev 1.1 Baseboard (sometimes the fast ram is 0k after
a GURU and I lose the current time).  I also have the grounding cable
disconnected from the floppy (needs to be resoldered).

Any help is appreciated! :)

--

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (04/01/91)

>  My A500 GURUs at the strangest times. Sometimes I type a key too hard
>and I get a GURU. Sometmes I insert a nef floppy disk and it GURUs. Once a
>spoon fell lightly on the case and it GURUd. To be quick (in case it GURUs),
>I have 2.5 megs in a rev 1.1 Baseboard (sometimes the fast ram is 0k after
>a GURU and I lose the current time).  I also have the grounding cable
>disconnected from the floppy (needs to be resoldered).

Sounds like ya Powersupplie may be "flakey"  ya got a Lot of memory
for a standard powersupplie,

Tap ya powersuplie, see it that;s it, try another supplie.
and if that seems to be the problem, get a new BIG one.
(Likt the 200W With a fan)

BUT if ya can tap the COMPUTER ya may either have a loose chip
or ya really haking ya powersuplie.

ope ya fix it.
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  aka Willis F York   aka Squid on IRC
The only thing that Apple invented is the idea to borrow Xerox-invented ideas.