[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 48454C50

msiskin@css.itd.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) (03/16/91)

Ever since I got my 2091 I have been getting Random gurus from 2 addresses.
Just recently I have tracked the addresses to the SCSI Handler and the
IORequest Handler.  When I get these gurus Location 0 has these numbers
in it (as shown by MemGuard) 48454C50 which translates to HELP in ASCII.

I am using FastFileSystem Version 1 Identifier Ox444f5301 that is 12248
bytes long.

My dealer has been unable to determine why I get these gurus since they
don't happen consistantly.  I get gurus when doing SCSI I/O and when the
system is just sitting there not doing anything.  I have Wshell, Conman,
Fcomp, AREXX and Crossdos in my startup-sequence but when I removed
everything but CBM supplied programs I still got gurus.

My Hardware is an A2000 V4.2 Mother board with the missing first keystroke
problem fixed, 1.3 Roms, Fat Agnus, Micron 2 Meg Memory board, AT Bridgeboard
and 2091-40.

If my problem sounds familiar to you and you found a cure please let me
know.

Thanks in advance!

Marc Siskin, Senior Media Designer
Language Lab, University of Michigan
Msiskin@shogun.css.itd.umich.edu
Marc_Siskin@um.cc.umich.edu
USERHEBE@umichub.bitnet

Std Disclaimer The University has it's own spokesmen they don't need me.

In article <1991Mar15.163457.19985@terminator.cc.umich.edu> msiskin@css.itd.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) writes:
>Ever since I got my 2091 I have been getting Random gurus from 2 addresses.
>Just recently I have tracked the addresses to the SCSI Handler and the
>IORequest Handler.  When I get these gurus Location 0 has these numbers
>in it (as shown by MemGuard) 48454C50 which translates to HELP in ASCII.

	That's part of Exec's Alert mechanism.

>My dealer has been unable to determine why I get these gurus since they
>don't happen consistantly.  I get gurus when doing SCSI I/O and when the
>system is just sitting there not doing anything.  I have Wshell, Conman,
>Fcomp, AREXX and Crossdos in my startup-sequence but when I removed
>everything but CBM supplied programs I still got gurus.

	My only suggestions: try board-swapping the 2091 and/or the
motherboard.  Also, you didn't indicate what versions of the roms you had,
but I know of no version that causes that sort of error.  Actually, before
board-swapping, I'd remove all other peripherals - it could be caused by
some sort of Zorro problem between the 2091 and one of your other boards
(micron, AT bridgeboard).

>My Hardware is an A2000 V4.2 Mother board with the missing first keystroke
>problem fixed, 1.3 Roms, Fat Agnus, Micron 2 Meg Memory board, AT Bridgeboard
>and 2091-40.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is in anything other than my personal opinion.
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "To program a million-line operating system
is easy, to change a man's temperament is more difficult."
(From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)