[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Redirecting paralell port output...

UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU (04/01/91)

        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?

--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
              |             --Multitasking on the IBM and Mac, the BIG LIE!
 Eric Glanz   |       ///           Only Amiga makes it possible.
University of |      ///
 Wisconsin-   |  \\\///     UCSEDG@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU        (Internet)
 Platteville  |   \XX/      UCSEDG@UWPLATT.BITNET         (Bitnet)

--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
     "When civilization falls in it's grave, technology throws in the dirt"

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) (04/01/91)

In article <98E169C3907F20094A@ucs.uwplatt.edu> UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU writes:

>        Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
>output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?
>
>--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
>              |             --Multitasking on the IBM and Mac, the BIG LIE!
> Eric Glanz   |       ///           Only Amiga makes it possible.
>University of |      ///
> Wisconsin-   |  \\\///     UCSEDG@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU        (Internet)
> Platteville  |   \XX/      UCSEDG@UWPLATT.BITNET         (Bitnet)
>--------------+----------------------------------------------------------------

CMD allows you to redirect either serial or parallel device.

                               Herb

Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cssun.albany.edu or hibrown@bst.albany.edu

jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) (04/02/91)

        Yes, Use the "CMD" program in the utils or system directory
of WB 1.3.....

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!jackf
ARPA: crash!pnet01!jackf@nosc.mil
INET: jackf@pnet01.cts.com

prak2@pttrnl.nl (04/04/91)

In article <98E169C3907F20094A@ucs.uwplatt.edu>, UCSEDG@ucs.UWPLATT.EDU writes:

>         Does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to redirect the
> output from the paralell port, and save it to a disk file?
>
> --------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
>               |             --Multitasking on the IBM and Mac, the BIG LIE!
>  Eric Glanz   |       ///           Only Amiga makes it possible.
> University of |      ///
>  Wisconsin-   |  \\\///     UCSEDG@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU        (Internet)
>  Platteville  |   \XX/      UCSEDG@UWPLATT.BITNET         (Bitnet)
>      "When civilization falls in it's grave, technology throws in the dirt"

You should be able to do so with CMD, which is included on your Workbench disk.
I do not exactly know how this works, but the command is described in the
manual.