[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Where to find "Battmem"?

wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.190231.7229@en.ecn.purdue.edu> wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) writes:
>Subject says it all.  Does anyone know which FF disk it is on, if it
>is on a FF disk?  Also, how does one go about finding out which specific
>FFdisk a certain file/program could be found?  I have used Amazing
>Computing magazines to find some of the FFdisk summaries, but the lists
>are not complete lists, only the latest are shown.

  I posted this earlier and have recieved several responses that this could
not be found in the FF disks.  I was told earlier that this program would allow
you to alter the wait time that "Amy" uses before accessing a HD.  This
might be what I need to get my 2nd HD recognized on every warm reboot.
If you know of anything else that might do this, please tell me.
  How does one go about setting the "Seagate" or "Secrate" bit that many
people speak of?  Does this do the same thing?  (ie. stalling "Amy" long
enough for the HD to be recognized?)

--
Art Warner
wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu

krauss@mansw1.enet.dec.com (Michael Krauss) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Mar30.020919.25967@en.ecn.purdue.edu>, wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) writes:
>In article <1991Mar29.190231.7229@en.ecn.purdue.edu> wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (William A Warner) writes:

>>Subject says it all.  Does anyone know which FF disk it is on, if it
>>is on a FF disk?  Also, how does one go about finding out which specific

i need this program, too. please post any responses where to find it.
thanx,
	michael
>--
>Art Warner
>wwarner@en.ecn.purdue.edu
>Amiga makes it happen.......IBM, Mac, Sun, and Next make it expensive!

Michael Krauss			#include <std_disclaimer.h>
DEC Mannheim, Germany		"AMIGA or VAX, nothing else please !"
"krauss@mansw1.enet.dec.com" or "...!decwrl!mansw1.enet!krauss"

jseymour@medar.com (James Seymour) (04/06/91)

Where to find BattMem?  Funny you should ask.  I just ran across a uuencoded
posting of the binary and an icon in comp.sources.amiga.  Blain Gardner
posted it.  Don't know about FF disks tho...  Hope this helps.

--
Jim Seymour				| Medar, Inc.
...!uunet!medar!jseymour		| 38700 Grand River Ave.

Battmem 1.1 was just posted by the moderator of comp.sources.amiga.

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, COMPLETED comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.