[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Marc Barrett

hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) (04/06/91)

xgr39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Marc Barrett) writes:
			[delete]

>                              -MB-
>  ----------------------------------------------------------
> / Marc Barrett       | BITNET:   XGR39@ISUVAX.BITNET      /
>/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: XGR39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU /

	Marc Barrett is one of the most misunderstood people I have
seen in along time.  Come on people give him a break, he just wants the
same thing we all want a better Amiga.  If you don't like to read his
post skill over them or better yet goto a happyer newsgroup.
--
                                  // Jeff Hyche
    There can be only one!    \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com

In article <1991Apr5.185036.14721@infonode.ingr.com> hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:
>xgr39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Marc Barrett) writes:
>			[delete]
>
>>                              -MB-
>>  ----------------------------------------------------------
>> / Marc Barrett       | BITNET:   XGR39@ISUVAX.BITNET      /
>>/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: XGR39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU /
>
>	Marc Barrett is one of the most misunderstood people I have
>seen in along time.  Come on people give him a break, he just wants the
>same thing we all want a better Amiga.  If you don't like to read his
>post skill over them or better yet goto a happyer newsgroup.
>--
>                                  // Jeff Hyche
>    There can be only one!    \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com
>                               \X/   Freenet: ap255@po.CWRU.Edu

	This is one of those cases where Marc really does have a
strong point, Commodore does invest far too little in R&D
compared to all their competitors (except Atari 8). However, Marc
has been well known in the past for exaggerating things far
beyond truth, and stating out-and-out falsehoods. When he rants
and raves about, for example, how the Amiga's custom chips need
improvement, he has a point. But when this appears at the end of
the message:

	CALL ME AN ASSHOLE IF YOU WANT
	*AMIGA* YESTERDAY'S TECHNOLOGY FOREVER

	He loses all credibility with everyone here, and I hope
you are included.
	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (04/07/91)

In article <1991Apr5.185036.14721@infonode.ingr.com>, Jeff W. Hyche writes:

> xgr39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU (Marc Barrett) writes:
> 			[delete]
>
> >                              -MB-
> >  ----------------------------------------------------------
> > / Marc Barrett       | BITNET:   XGR39@ISUVAX.BITNET      /
> >/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: XGR39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU /
>
> 	Marc Barrett is one of the most misunderstood people I have
> seen in along time.  Come on people give him a break, he just wants the
> same thing we all want a better Amiga.  If you don't like to read his
> post skill over them or better yet goto a happyer newsgroup.

He's a cretin.  No two ways about it.  He cries wolf all the time, and wonders
why nobody listens to him.  He denies that things have improved with the
Amiga.  He is blind to changes [did =MB= ever say 'yay team' when the A3000
came out?  Fuck no, he was silent.  Then come clown said 'hey, where's =MB='.
And he's back to haunt us. sigh.].

MB is not merely annoying, he is ULTIMATELY annoying. He is an amoral mouth,
willing to debunk and ignore the plaintiff cries of people who desperately
want to make him SEE the cold harsh light of reality.

He will not be educated.  He won't listen to reasoned arguments.  He won't
react to flammage.  He just posts and posts and posts, and is NEVER satisfied,
and NEVER will be.  Even if an Amiga was elected President of France, he would
still have complaints.

Don't listen to him. Don't reply to his incredibly asinine postings. Just
ignore him.

I do.

But you're advocating that people should put up with him, which IMAO is a
heinous crime against the net. So I toast you for your ignorance. :-)

>                                   // Jeff Hyche

followups to csa.advocacy

Dac
--