[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Hard Disk for A500

d88-tpn@sm.luth.se (Thomas Persson) (03/23/90)

	Hi!

	I have some questions about harddisks for the A500, so if someone
	could give some answers to them, feel free.

	1. What is a filecard, and is it only for the A2000?
	2. I'm thinking of buying a harddisk, for my A500, with more than
	   20 Mb capacity, and about 2 Mb additional RAM memory on the
	   disk controller board. What configuration of harddisk and
	   diskcontroller shall I buy?
	3. Has anyone heard about the Gigatron's internal harddisk
	   for the A500 (Price and size)?

		Thank's in advance.

		<< Knowledge is to know how little one knows >>

Thomas Persson               Internet: d88-tpn@sm.luth.se
Dept. of Comp. Eng.          BITNET:   d88-tpn%sm.luth.se@kth.se
University of Lulea, SWEDEN  ARPA:     d88-tpn%sm.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
				    {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d88-tpn

jpc@fct.unl.pt (Jose Pina Coelho) (04/09/91)

Can you please tell me what are the current harddisk interfaces for
the A500 ?  (The local dealer only knows PC's)

SCSI preferred.

TnkxInAdvance

--
Jose Pedro T. Pina Coelho   | BITNET/Internet: jpc@fct.unl.pt
Rua Jau N 1, 2 Dto          | UUCP: ...!mcsun!unl!jpc

- If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister ?

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/09/91)

In article <JPC.91Apr8181719@alfa.fct.unl.pt> jpc@fct.unl.pt (Jose Pina Coelho) writes:

>Can you please tell me what are the current harddisk interfaces for
>the A500 ?  (The local dealer only knows PC's)
>
>SCSI preferred.

  GVP Impact Series II, 8 megs exp board, factory installed drive
  Supra 500XP, 8 megs exp board, factory installed drive
  Dataflyer, 8 megs expansion board
  Trumcard 500, 4 megs expansion board separately
  Trumpcard Pro, 4 megs expansion board separately
  Grand Slam, 8 meg expansion board
  Rapid Access Turbo 500, ???
  XETEC Fast Trac, 2 meg expansion?, 3 drives fit into case

>TnkxInAdvance
>
>--
>Jose Pedro T. Pina Coelho   | BITNET/Internet: jpc@fct.unl.pt
>Rua Jau N 1, 2 Dto          | UUCP: ...!mcsun!unl!jpc
>1300 Lisboa, PORTUGAL       | Home phone: (+351) (1) 640767
>
>- If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister ?

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casal Bordino, Italia.